Canvas makes it very easy to copy course content from one semester to the next. Follow these step-by-step instructions to import existing Canvas content.
- Navigate to your new Canvas site that you would like to import content into and click on Settings in the course navigation menu.
- Click Import Course Content from the Settings menu.
- From the drop-down menu given, select Copy a Canvas Course.
- Search for the course you would like to import content from using the drop-down menu or search box.
- Depending on how much content you want copied, choose either All content or Select specific content.
- Click Import.
You can also adjust the events and due dates when importing the course content into the new site. Read more about how to do this in this Canvas Guide.